RTD General Operating Precautions
- Treat the trainer and its equipment with care, as if it were a real aircraft. Do not allow students to handle the controls roughly.
- Periodically clean the trainer and check its operation. It is important to keep the trainer clean to ensure its proper operation.
- NEVER allow food or drinks in the area of the trainer.
Powering up the RTD
- Turn the Remote Power Switch on the front of the computer cabinet to the ON/OFF position momentarily (if equipped), or open the Computer Door and press the Power button on the front of the Computer.
- Wait for the trainer to run through routine power up diagnostics.
- The appropriate flight model should start automatically if all of its corresponding panels are installed.
NOTE: If the trainer was powered on without a complete set of panels which correspond to a valid flight model, the software will not launch. To rectify the problem, please make sure the correct panels are installed, and then the appropriate configuration automatically start.
- Connect to the RTD IOS.
- Unfreeze the trainer.