Powering up the RTD
- Verify a complete set of panels are installed. This includes the Engine Control Panel, the Switch Panel, Instrument Overlay Panel(s) and Console Components/Panels (if applicable).
NOTE: If the RTD is powered on without a complete set of panels which correspond to a valid flight model, the software will not automatically launch until all the panels are installed and recognized.
- Align the panel’s pins with the alignment holes in the instrument panel, slide the panel into place, and then push in and turn each quarter-turn fastener clockwise to lock them in place.
- Turn the Remote Power Switch on the front of the RTD to the ON/OFF position momentarily (if equipped), or open the Computer Door and press the Power button on the front of the Computer.
- Allow the RTD to run though routine power up diagnostics, and then the appropriate model will start automatically. If the model does not start automatically:
- DO NOT click the Start button on Trainer Controller.
- Connect to the RTD IOS, and verify the missing panels are installed correctly. The software will automatically launch once all the panels are installed and recognized.
- Connect to the RTD IOS.
- Unfreeze the trainer.