Control the Volume on the RTD
The engine and environment sounds on the RTD come from the Visual Display.
- Change the volume for the RTD by using the controls built into the TV, or by using the TV Remote Control.
NOTE: Manually adjusting the engine volume using the procedure below may make it easier to hear others sounds, that may be overpowered by the engine(s) sounds.
Changing Engine(s) Volume
- Power up the RTD
- Stop the current Flight Model Load if it is running.
- Open the Computer Door and connect a USB Keyboard and mouse to the Computer.
NOTE: An external keyboard is required to access the computers utilities and tools.
- Open Windows File Explorer by pressing the [Win] + [E] keys, or from the Windows Start Menu type File Explorer.
- Navigate to the C:\Frasca\UserSettings\Host\V1\ directory.
- Open the DefaultUser.settings file.
- Change the Engine Volume setting. The engine volume setting is in percent, to set the volume to 20%, set Engine Volume (0-100) = 20.
- Save the DefaultUser.settings file.
- Start the appropriate Flight Model Load, and test the volume setting.